Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Potty Training Day II

Well, today started out rough. I put Zeke in a pull-up for the ride to Yinghua. No mess! I got home took it off him put on real unders and promptly placed him on the toilet seat. Moments later he comes to me and said "I did it!" With a sly grin. I say "Wonderful! Walk over to the potty chair to find it empty. I look at Zeke and he says a gain "I did it." but with a little less self assurance this time. I am trying to figure out what he is talking about. I ask him if he is dry and he looks at me a little worried and walks away. I stop him and ask him to check his pants and as I pat his bottom I realize that in the 4.3 seconds I was out of the room he had taken off his unders and put back on the pull-up and his shorts! He was rather upset to have me put him back in to big boy pants.

So then later he went upstairs to go get a book and then of course peed on the only carpeted room in the house. He had one more accident then it seemd like something clicked. With out prompting he used the potty chair on his own right before lunch. Then before nap time I put him in a pull up and walked out of the room. I hear Zeke say "YUCK!" and o thought "Oh shoot he is playing in the potty chair!!!". I run out to find him looking in the potty chair and saying yuck at the poop he he had just done in the potty chair! I just about fell over. It seems he is getting it! He knew he could go in the pull up be didn't want to! Yay Zeke! I looks like he is on his way to preschool and I am on my way to school! :)

No comments: