Saturday, November 25, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

The apps on their way to empty.
Cece hanging out with our sick and cranky Zeke. He got better just in time for everyone to head home, Turns out he had Roseola! Poor kid!
Grace made the pumpkin and turkey for decorations!
Me and 2 of my favorite men standing at the table.

This year I hosted my first Thanksgiving. It was a great time! The food was amazing. My Dad made the turkey and my mother-in-law made pies. The menu run down: Appetizers of olive tapanade, itty bitty sandwiches , and a relish tray. Main meal of garlic rubbed turkey and sides of maple sweet potatoes, garlic dill carrots, polenta with mushroom ragu, green beans with bacon, mashed potatoes, corn stuffing, and cranbberry compote. To finish off the dinner there was homemade Pecan, pumpkin and apple cranberry pies with coffee or apple cider.

The one snafu was that the buns had egg and milk in them. Asa got pretty sick. But on the upside not as sick as he has gotten in the past. There was no need for the epi-pen or the ER! It was my fault. I got the rolls that Barnabas' mom will usually get for Thanksgiving forgetting that Asa had never had them since he just recently grew out of his wheat allergy. Well we know for next time! I felt really bad and Asa hugged my leg and said "It's OK Mom, I don't feel too sick." (that was after he threw up though).

We all had a great time and decided that this may be the new tradition (with out trying to poison Asa of course!)

2 comments:

Paula T said...

Finally it's updated!!!! YAY!!! I'm so glad you had everyone there for thanksgiving, and it looks like it was a wonderful time. Sorry to hear about Zeke, but what a trooper eh??? Can't be a family gathering without SOMETHING going wrong right!??!!? I love the pictures from the wedding. Both Grace and your cousin look beautiful. I love weddings. I think it's hard to have an ugly wedding, or an ugly baby. I miss yoU!!!

Team Davis said...

How fun! You really went all out hosting your Thanksgiving. I also hosted one for my family and scott's but mine wasn't as fancy. We didn't even have enough chairs! Where did you get such a large table? I need to ask you for great hosting ideas. It looks like you are having a blast in Minneapolis.